ASPIRED
a little lost, a little found
Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 3:53 PM with
Ahhhh the weather's starting to heat up lately ;A; But since my room doesn't have air conditioning, it encourages me to go outside and do things— lots of walking involved!




Last Friday was pretty hectic. I actually had an appointment in the morning to participate in an educational study! I've never done something like this before, so it was really interesting. There was a lot of simple games with blocks and reading out loud, and a surprisingly difficult one where I had to give definitions of words (how exactly do you define a number anyways?) Even mre surprising was that the woman conducting the study was actually from near my hometown— you don't meet a lot of people from Kansas here!


window selfie as i begin my quest for a slushie

 I had a couple meetings at work, but I left early for the weekend (usually I'm working til dinnertime). I heard from Twitter that 7-Eleven was giving out free slurpies for 7/11 day. I've never tried one before so I decided to walk down. It was a 30+ minute walk that became even longer because... I got lost... multiple times.... on the same street OTL




At least it was pretty. Everyone has flowers in front of their house ( ^∇^)
It seems like I'm the only one who actually waits for the signal before crossing the street (except today I may have ignored it a few times- but only on empty streets!) I ended up in a kind of sketchy area, but I finally found the 7-Eleven~


Peach Mango ♥ Great company for the walk back
On the way back, I passed a Goodwill but it was past closing hours so I decided to head back there another day. I also stopped by CVS and I find something I've been coveting for so long on sale— red eyeshadow! Since I had a coupon saved on my card, It was less that $3, so even if I was disappointed, it wouldn't be a huge loss. I'll be reviewing that soon (possibly a double post today?)


The trashcan outside the store was adorable ^^


Also picked up some oatmeal and other groceries and trekked back home~

The walk back always seems shorter...

I didn't have anything to do this morning, so I decided to check out the Goodwill. I picked a lightweight shirt since it was pretty hot today~ The shirt is one of my favorites but I haven't had the chance to wear it lately because of my workplace's dress code.


Shirt: Von Maur
Shorts: Celebrity Pink

I also used my new eyeshadow stick~ It turned out really nicely in my opinion (since red can look hella dramatic).


Items used:
Rimmel Scandaleyes in Bulletproof Beige
Covergirl Flamed Out in Red Hot Flame
NYX Let them Eat Cake Palette
Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner
I didn't do much else with the rest of my face, since I didn't want anything to compete with the red. (pardon the bitch face and crappy selfie but I didn't have another full face picture)

pt. i of the goodwill selfies
At Goodwill, I found a couple J. Crew and Ann Taylor sweaters, but none of them ended up working out. In the end, I found a sweater two sizes to big (and grandma-style too) that I got unreasonably attached to. I have no idea when I'd wear or how I'm going to style it but impulse buys /shrugs


I love the roses and colors so much ♥
I checked out Buffalo Exchange and another nearby thrift store, but they were pricier and their goods weren't that great (´・_・`) Afterwards, I treated myself to some delicious ice cream (I may have found a bit of heaven in Cookies 'n Cake Batter) and people watching in the square! I haven't had ice cream in a cone in years and I forgot how much of a mess it can be.


you can already see the dripping
Overall, it was an exciting weekend. For the past couple weekends, I haven't done much, but one of the joys of living in a city is that if you want to go anywhere, you can walk. Google Maps and a good playlist can take you far!

I'm leaving for California tomorrow for a school trip, so I'll be MIA for a bit. I'll try to write a blog post about my trip when I get back~

Did anyone else go to to 7-Eleven last Friday? How are your weekends going? ^^

Labels: , ,



Post a Comment

Blogger Bird said...
Looks like you had fun~ enjoy california, wish I could be there to see you u_u  
Blogger thepigs said...
You're so lucky you have thrift stores near you Lee ;u; The ice cream looks so good too *__*

P.S. it me, lisa! (lisathepig)
http://clothespinshanging.blogspot.com  
←older newer→
previous posts
credits

© 2014 - Codes, design and colors by pinktape. edited by aspiraed